4.25.2010

dear Jessica V,

It sucks when you have so much going on in your life and you don't know who to turn to.  I can't cling to new friends without scaring them off, and I can't find my old friends anywhere.

I know I sent this to you in a text the other day, but I never received a reply, so maybe telling you this way will be better.  I was recently accepted into the university's "literacy" journal, as they call it.  I submitted a few pieces, but I haven't been told which will be published yet.  I'm pretty excited about that, and there will be an open mic next Sunday for us to read our work.  I wish you were here.  I need someone to bounce ideas off of, and someone to inspire me as well.

I just spent almost all of my weekend recording music.  The new album is going to be the best ever.  I was really dreading this album six months ago, but now I'm super stoked.  I can't wait for you and the rest of the world to hear it.  When will I hear new stuff from you?

There's also some bad news, but that's something I just need to talk to someone about.  I don't really want to write it in a letter where I risk getting no reply or comfort.  I don't mean for that to be a pressuring statement; I won't be offended if you don't call me or anything.  I still love you, and I miss you very much.  I hope everything is going well on your end of the world.

From Robert Hall:

"A friend should be one in whose understanding and virtue we can equally confide, and whose opinion we can value at once for its justness and its sincerity."

sincerely,
vm

No comments:

Post a Comment

dear vm,