4.21.2010

dear Krina,

This morning at work, I saw a bright red cardinal fly on to the deck outside.  I watched it, and a moment later a blue jay flew onto the same deck.  I stopped what I was working on to go watch them.  They were two very different birds, yet at the same time they had so much in common.  Here they were, existing on the same plane without conflict.  Inside of myself, I really wanted to believe they were friends, that they could look past their differences and see that they really were the same.  It wasn't too long before they flew off in different directions.

There are a lot of things going on in my life, things that I need to talk to someone about.  Lots of good, lots of bad.  I have no idea where you are, where you've been, why you haven't answered/returned my calls.  I miss you, and I miss our friendship. I thought we were close, and I trusted you.  For a while I've been upset, angry at times, but now I can see that maybe we never were that close.  I only wanted you to be that friend I could turn to, but maybe you never wanted that role, and it wasn't fair for me to put that on you.  I've done this to someone else recently too, and it took me a while to realize it, so now it's probably too late for that friendship to work again.  I can only hope our friendship won't have to go through the same.  I know that you have a lot going on, too, but don't fly in a different direction.  Please call me.

Michael Nau (Page France):

"When our eyes close we're the same."

sincerely,
vm 

1 comment:

  1. I just ran across this...I hope it's ok that I read it but I kinda figured it was since it was on the internet and all.lol.
    I'm sorry you've been dealing with some difficulties lately...I think we all have really. I hope you haven't taken my distance from you in a way that was not my intentions. It's just hard for me to carry the burdens of others. I'm sorry I'm a crappy friend. You deserve someone who will always be there when you turn to them, and I have to admit, I'm just not that reliable. I get scared when people start to trust me, because I don't even trust me. So please, please know I love you and I'm sorry for not being the person you needed me to be.
    Andi

    ReplyDelete

dear vm,