4.09.2010

dear Julie H,

First of all, thank you for reading these things.  It means a lot to me.

Yesterday was the TOMS-sponsored "A Day Without Shoes" and this was my second year to participate.  I didn't do nearly as much walking this year since I live off campus and ride the bus to class.  Last spring semester I lived on campus and walked a whole lot.  I liked that people actually asked me about it this year, and that I got to share with them the problem and one of many solutions (TOMS, of course).

It's kinda lame that we were in at least three places at the same time yesterday, but I still didn't get to talk to you.  You looked very pretty.

I've been going through a lot lately.  It's a lot to explain, and that's not why I wanted to write you this, anywho.  I just need a lot of prayer and a lot of guidance.  I got about three hours of sleep last night, and I feel too awful to work today.  I thought I was being strong, but every time I get my strength built up there is something else that knocks me back down.  I need a savior more than ever, right now.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' (Jer. 29.11)"

I don't really know what to do, but I'm trusting in his perfect plan.  You don't know how hard it is.

(Listen to the chorus.)
But you do know how great his love is, although we cannot fathom it in full.  There isn't time to maintain the regrets we have.  Gotta let it go.

(Listen to the end, especially.)

My friend gave me some other verses to read that are helping.  Proverbs 4.20-27 and Romans 5.1-5.  I feel more confident now, like I can actually get through this.  It all seems so trivial in light of the eternal.  This too shall pass.

It's going to be a long weekend.


sincerely,
vm

1 comment:

  1. john mark mcmillan is amazing. his version is my favorite. ever.
    whoa, where were we at the same time? did you see me? cuz i don't think i saw you...

    ps. no one even asked me about my bare feet. lame!

    ReplyDelete

dear vm,