5.28.2010

to whom it may concern,

Summer is in full swing, as it were.  I struggle to get by during the days, finding random tasks to do around the apartment or errands to run across town.  My friends, they are either gone or busy working, or if they are free they are ignoring my existence like the black plague.  In the evenings I've been lucky to find people to hang out with, but I don't know how long that will last.  I've been watching Avatar: The Last Airbender online, and I checked out the entire second season of Heroes from the library.  I tend to watch these sporadically throughout the day and then two or three episodes at night when I should be sleeping.  But, then again, why should I be sleeping?  I've got no one to see, no job to work, no school to attend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking for jobs everyday, putting in applications everywhere I consider suitable.  I keep thinking I should go back to Hastings and just ask to work there over the summer, but just before I make it there I convince myself not to.  Summer session I will begin in another week and a half, and if I don't have a job by then I'll probably go back to Hastings (if I don't break sooner).  Hopefully it won't be too late.  Actually...hopefully it won't come to that.

I'm trying to get stuff done artistically, because I know I don't have time for such things while I'm busy with school.  I've only done two things though, minus my photography.  I need to finish this roll of double exposures actually.  Maybe I'll do that after I finish this letter...after I watch another episode of Avatar...

Being alone gives a person lots of thinking time.  I wish my thoughts were more productive.  I mostly think a lot about the past, about people I miss and things I've done.  I wish I could tell you all the things I think about, just so we could share in the memories and the grand scenarios that I make up in my mind, but that would take up a lot of space.  If you're in the area or know my number, I wouldn't mind sharing vocally, in a more free-form manner.

By my next letter I hope to be back to my normal self, a little more poetic and tad more productive.  Until then I hope this will suffice and wasn't too much of a drag.  You've been a great friend (probably).

From Aristotle (why not?):

"For one swallow does not make a summer, nor does one day; and so too one day, or a short time, does not make a man blessed and happy."

sincerely,
vm

No comments:

Post a Comment

dear vm,