6.13.2010

to whom it may concern,

No doubt you've noticed that my letters of late have been addressed to no one in particular.  I just can't think of many people to write to.  I've come to realize that four of my friends who I felt like I could be completely honest with are no longer my friends, or at least it appears that way for now.  I don't know what it is I've done.  Well, I guess I know with one of them, but the other three, none of whom know each other, have all ceased to maintain communication with me.  Sucks, I know, but I'm not going to dwell on such things for now.

So I've completed my first week of summer school, and it wasn't so bad.  I know it's going to get more intense as the weeks progress, but so far, so good.  Last Saturday and Sunday I went to Houston for SummerFest (http://www.freepresssummerfest.com/) and it was a stinkin' blast.  Too much fun.  Unfortunately, I had my first day on Monday, starting at eight am.  This means I had a three plus hour drive ahead of me, and THE FLAMING LIPS didn't finish playing till ten pm.  I didn't get out of Houston till a little before midnight (had to fill my belly and say bye to friends) and I crawled in bed at three-thirty.  I woke up an hour past my alarm, at seven-thirty, just in time to shower and run to class.  When I arrived, all the lights were off and there were only five of us in the room, no teacher.  We sat there for about thirty minutes before a girl came in and informed us that our class had been canceled because the teacher had a doctor's appointment.  Apparently he sent an email and none of us checked before class.  Anywho, other than that class has been pretty good.  It's nice feeling productive again.

Last night I played my first show in Austin.  Thanks to you if you came out, and if you didn't, that's okay too.  I had fun, and got to play a lot of new songs I've been working on.  My throat has been killing me for the past week (probably from standing in the rain at SummerFest combined with lack of sleep), but somehow it was fine during my set, then it kicked back in worse than before after I finished.  Not sure whether to be happy about that or not.

Tonight I've been invited to go stargazing at the Backbone, then tomorrow hopefully going to jam/record with some friends, then Tuesday going to see the wonderful mewithoutYou.  Hopefully I can get all my school work done!  No class Wednesday through Friday this week, so I guess I can get stuff done those days.

It would be nice to see you again, sometime soon preferably.

From A. Lincoln:

"I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside of me."

sincerely,
vm

1 comment:

  1. Refreshing blog post. Probably one of my favourites I've read today.

    Loosing contact with friends is such an odd sensation...

    ReplyDelete

dear vm,