8.31.2012

to whom it may concern,

Let's get this out of the way:  I am not good at letting go.

It is no secret that throughout the past few years people have been walking out of my life.  Friends have been moving on and giving up and letting go one after another.  I used to be, and in many cases still am, hurt by their leaving.  But maybe it is a necessary part of life.  Maybe it must happen.  It is soon to be fall, the season in which trees lose their leaves only to subsequently endure cold weather bare.  But eventually, new leaves grow to replace the old ones.  Is that how our lives are to be?  Are we trees going through seasons?  Can any of us hope to be evergreen?

No, I guess not.  The truth is that sometimes we push people away to the point where they have no other option.  Maybe we look too much at the way they are hurting us, rather than the way we are hurting them.  Often times, by our lack of care, we are the ones who let go first.

Regardless, I want to say that being on the other end of that situation is equally as difficult.  Sometimes you get to a point where you just can't take being hurt anymore.  You realize that, even if it may hurt that person, you have to walk away.  Sometimes without saying anything.

I know none of this makes sense.  Not to most of you anyway.  I just don't know of any other way to say it.

I'm sorry.  I love you.



sincerely,
vm

No comments:

Post a Comment

dear vm,