1.10.2012

to whom it may concern,

Happy new year, or whatever!

It turns out that the less time you waste complaining about your life on the internet, the more time you have to actually do something about it.  This is something I realized sometime in December and have begun to live out, and not as some sort of new year's resolution or anything, just as a new way to live my life.  I've skipped writing one or two of these here letters since then.  And to tell you the truth, as much as I don't want to admit it, the times I want to write the letters are when I feel crappy and under-appreciated.  But when I look at my life, I really enjoy it.

I mean, some of the best things are happening right now.  I met a beautiful woman who makes me very happy.  I have an abundance of time to spend alone.  I've got a car to drive and a smartphone to use and a parent who pays my cell phone bill and a family who loves me.  I've got a bed to sleep in and a five bedroom house that I currently reside in alone most of the time.  I live with my best friend, and even though he plays drums for the wrong band, I still love him.  My camera still works, my computer still works, my pens and pencils still work, my brain still works.  I have books to read, lots of books, and I read slowly so I will have them to read for the next couple years.  After a few weeks of this positive thinking, I bought a new guitar, the exact guitar I wanted, for half the list price, and now that is something to think positively about.  I've got friends who may not be around but care enough to wish me happy birthday (even a day or two late!).  I am another year older, older, older.

I've still got some issues to work out and there are still things that bum me out, but why should I waste my time telling you when I can get up and make the change myself?  So here's to making change.  Here's to getting up and going outside, or staying home and learning to enjoy it.  Here's to less sad things and more happy things.  Here's to finally understanding that posting things like "so bored, let's hang out" on social networks leads to absolutely zero results in the short run or the long run.



sincerely,
vm

No comments:

Post a Comment

dear vm,